photovcarve post processor will not load

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

basecircle

photovcarve post processor will not load

Post by basecircle »

Hi gang Well I bought the photovcarve software.Only thing is I cannot load the post for the shark.What is the easy way to do this?when I downloaded from the next wave site.And placed it in the photovcave pp folder it loads but it has a little lock on it.Cant seem to get buy this .Can anyone help me with this i want to use the software.Thanks Basecircle

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: photovcarve post processor will not load

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi - did you download it to a location on disk that IS NOT the post processor folder? By that I mean when you downloaded it from the web site, that you downloaded to a folder like /My Documents. After the download is complete, you then copied it to the correct location for post processors in the PVC installation.

I've seen where with Win 7 in particular, if you try and download directly into that folder, the files aren't visible or not usable. I think Win7 has some security settings that prevent files downloaded from the internet directly to any folder in /Program Files from being used by a program - a security technique.

Let me know if this clears this up - if not, may have another idea or someone else may have a solution.

basecircle

Post by basecircle »

thanks jeb I downloaded the file to another folder.Then copied it and loaded it into the pvc pp folder.It loaded and i can see it but when i look for it in pvc its still not there.Any other ideas ?I thank you for your time thanks Basecircle

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Somewhat of a guess as my Win7 system was an upgrade from Vista - and I have PVC installed before I did that...

Open Explorer and navigate to that PVC/PostP folder. Right click on one of the CNC Shark post processor files. You may find that the file is reported as being blocked because it came from an unknown computer. Click on unblock, hit apply, and see if that clears this. You also want to be sure that the Read Only and Hidden blocks are unchecked - if they are checked, uncheck them and hit apply before hitting the close button.
Win 7 Unblock File
Win 7 Unblock File

basecircle

Post by basecircle »

morning jeb I think I have messed up I looked at your properites and mine says open with explorer where yours says open with windows shell common.I dont know how to send you a picture of the properties.Basecircle

basecircle

Post by basecircle »

Thank you jeb for all your help.I got it loaded.I thought i was loading it in the correct file.I loaded it in the exc.folder of photovcarve and now it is in there.Now all I got to do is learn how to use the software.Thanks for your help. Basecircle

Buc

Post by Buc »

BC,

I'm going to reveal one of 'JEB's secrets. Use the "Snipping tool" and upload attachment.

I use windows 7. [START] [ALL PROGRAMS] [ACCESSORIES] [SNIPPING TOOL]

If I remember correctly Vista had a snipping tool also.

Buc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipping_Tool
snip.PNG
SNIPPING TOOL
(6.8 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by Buc on Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

basecircle

Post by basecircle »

Thanks Buc will try that.Basecircle