Help in Aspire

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Help in Aspire

Post by jeb2cav »

Continuing on...
Component Zero Plane 0.55 from Bottom
Component Zero Plane 0.55 from Bottom
Now that the component is in the project, some smoothing may be required. It looks like you used a really small step size in your scan - which is fine, just takes longer - but you get out what you put in and this scan looks really nice.

Select the component, and then open the Smoothing tool. The tool has a straight forward slider to control the amount of smoothing applied. The smoothing is applied to the entire component. Hopefully you can get a sense of the possible outcomes from the following screen grabs.
Smoothing - Min
Smoothing - Min
Smoothing a Little
Smoothing a Little
3 attachments...

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

last part...
Smoothing - Max
Smoothing - Max
Again, you could also use one of the Sculpting tools to perform any 'fixing up' on select areas on the component. The sculpting smoothing tool behaves in the same manner as the Smoothing Filter - only on the areas you select - while the Smoothing Filter is applied to the entire selected component.

To get a good taste of any of the tools in VCarve and Aspire, the Vectric tutorials are worth every minute. The online Help is also extremely useful to me at least as well.

I hope this helps you move forward.

enriquewoodcarver

Post by enriquewoodcarver »

YES!!!! I finally did it thank you very much so now to delete the outside shape of the carving how I do it?
I heard I have to create a vector around it right? but it has to be where it looks blanck n white right?
ER

Sallye

Post by Sallye »

To delete the outside (blank) area, create a vector around the boundary you want to keep, then select the vector and hold the shift key to select the model at the same time. Then click the button on the modeling tab that looks like a square inside another square (the tooltip says "clear area of selected component outside of selected vectors"). That will delete all the model parts that are outside the vector boundary.

I hope this is what you were asking! :-)

Sallye
-Sallye

Shark Pro Plus, Aspire 3.5

enriquewoodcarver

Post by enriquewoodcarver »

oh thaks Sallye now I know what I was doin wrong because I did that step but it wouldnt come out this is what I was doin before selecting the vector I press the shift key and select the vector and once I had selected I release the shift key and than I press the model tab and the "square" button and nothing happen and I was getting frustrated that I couldnt concentrate on the tutorials but thanks everyone for the help but if u guys have more tips I be gladly to hear them
ER