Probe Software

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Teir

Probe Software

Post by Teir »

Hello,

I bought the touch probe 2 months ago and use it occasionaly.

I didn't pay attention that I would need to register for a passcode when I installed it.

Now it has gone off probation period and needs the passcode to work.

I have send at least 2 emails to towens@nextwaveautomation.com over the last 2 weeks
and have not heard back yet. Are the emails getting through or is there someone else
I can email for this?

Thanks...

Teir

Rob

Re: Probe Software

Post by Rob »

Hi,
I was wondering how easy / difficult it was to use the probe in your short experience.
Thanks,
Rob

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

Teir,

We can get that to you on Monday. I was out of the country until today and my email I could recieve but it would not send for some reason.

Thanks

Tim

Teir

Post by Teir »

Tim,

Thanks...I look forward to it. I have a customer I have been putting off that needed scan done.

----------------

Rob,

It is very easy to operate. Tim had told me that it might stick the first time or two I used it...and it did.
After that it has been pretty reliable.

You would not believe the detail it picks up in the scans. I scanned a fish lure for a mold company that was
1 inch by 2 inches. The scan was set to .01 resolution...it picked up scales, eyes, mouth...everything.

Teir

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

You should post the scan in the gallery to show how well it works.
Thanks

Tim

Rob

Post by Rob »

I'm having a problem with the probe set up. I've downloaded the software from Tim's sight and installed set up the probe according to instructions, but the control panel doesn't display a scan tab as in the manual. my control panel came w/ cnc shark pro plus and is set up to just plug in the probe. If anyone can point out what I may be missing I would be grateful.
Rob

Teir

Post by Teir »

Rob,

When I installed the new updated control panel ...I ended up with TWO control panels....one is the old one
with no scan tab (Basic Panel). The second one (Basic Panel Scan) has the scan tab.

You will know the difference when first trying the panel as it asks for an unlock
key if its the Scan version. ( earlier posts)

If you ended up with 2 icons...hold your mouse over each one to see which version it is.

Nothing else...and you can't find it, try re-installing the control panel.

Teir

Teir

Post by Teir »

Rob,

One thing I forgot to add...

When you scan something...it comes into the 3d program huge. Like 10-15x size.
You will have to reduce size till you get it proportional with what you scanned.

I scanned a 5 inch part...and when I opened the .stl, it was about 75 inches.
Thats a good thing tho...it keeps a lot of detail.

Teir

Rob

Post by Rob »

Thank You,
just got back to reading the posts, still haven't had much time to use the probe , I'm happy to find out that the problem was with my understanding rather the with the Probe.
Rob