Shark Control Panel 1.5.0.23f Release

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Shark Control Panel 1.5.0.23f Release

Post by jeb2cav »

An update to the Shark Control Panel software was released today. It contains a fix for use with Windows 8.

The only change to this from 23e is the fix for use with Windows 8. While the Shark Control Panel was tested against the Win 8 beta, Microsoft made some changes in the public/for sale release that were not in the final beta - and this was the cause of the problem.

If you don't use Windows 8, and have already installed 23e, there is no reason to install 23f (other than best practice to maintain use of latest version).

You can download this from the Next Wave Automation Downloads page - http://www.nextwaveautomation.com/DownLoads.aspx

cjablonski

Re: Shark Control Panel 1.5.0.23f Release

Post by cjablonski »

Thanks for the help Joe. Seems as if the new release works with windows 8. I have been able to open the control panel and jog the machine, so I would assume that all else is fine. Guess its safe for windows 8 users now.
Thanks again
Chris
"I'm not smart, I just remain on problems longer"
Albert Einstein

Making many BTU by experimentation. ...some days it gets too warm :)

sylvainj_2007

Post by sylvainj_2007 »

Ok i am having some problem with this new version before i put it in i was cutting fine now and this is the second picture and in the bottom right corner there is an area that start being carved and let say .1 of an inch and then aver a few inches it goes to the proper depth of .15 and then keeps on going the file was redone twice and still the same problem so how can i go back to 1.5.0.23d as that version was working properly.

sylvainj_2007

Post by sylvainj_2007 »

Sorry made one mistake i have version E not D someone move the keys on my keyboard again hmm gremlins again LOL.

sylvainj_2007

Post by sylvainj_2007 »

OK this is what happen i got the msg saying update available so i followed the following according to the site

"This version looks slightly different then the 1.0 version but operates the same.

Run this program first to add drivers for talking to controller
vcredist_x86.exe (Added 01/12/2009)

Run this program after running program above
CNCSharkControlPanel-1.5.0.23f.exe (Updated 11/5/2012)
Ver. 1.4.0.17 – increased XP support, includes support for CNC Shark Pro Plus
Ver. 1.4.0.20 – minor bug fixes in x axis accelerations
Ver. 1.5.0.20 – improved Control Panel functionality, new jog functions, registration to improve product support "

All went good system updated and then this is when all my stuff went out the door:
First my touch plate controller did not do the same ritual instead of going step by step in wen steady and almost went through my touch plate so stop it and tried it a second time this time it work.

Started my cut for an 8 hrs cut all is good so i leave it and bed time well in the morning this is when i notice that it did not cut right the bottom right corner now this is a 12.5 by 10.5 and if you measure 3 inches to the left and 3 going to the top form the corner it was 1/32 of an inch thicker well i could of fix that with a different type of frame but it also did that in various spot on the rest of the project so not too good

So what i did this morning i restore my system to thursday night so version 1.5.0.23d (or e not sure) is back on my system and i ran the same project left it in the machine and now it is cutting good problem fix.

I have window XP and 2nd time using the touch plate so i taught it was the problem but no touch plate is fine.

Hope this helps someone.

sylvainj_2007

Post by sylvainj_2007 »

Quick update it was the touch plate i tried it again and the same thing happen now i did 3 more without using the plate and no problems.

Wolffie1

Post by Wolffie1 »

I finally caved in and downloaded the latest Control Panel Release.

This time NWA got the metric right :o

Over a run of 550mm it is only +0.005mm out.
That's impressive.
I am very happy.
Now, if only the program would remember that I use metric, it would be almost perfect :D

Cheers
Wolffie