control panel update

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

badquaker

control panel update

Post by badquaker »

Everytime I try to download the latest control panel software update, it gets kicked out by my antivirus software.

Kaspersky finds a trojan in the software. Anyone else have this issue?

4DThinker

Re: control panel update

Post by 4DThinker »

I've downloaded and installed it, and found no problems with it. You might turn off your antivirus for the duration of installing the update, then turn it back on.

Ausworkshop

Post by Ausworkshop »

I keep being told there is a new update available every time I open the control software. I click ok and it takes me to the download page where there are no new updates according to the dates and versions listed on there. What is going on? I check the version I'm currently using and its the same as the one on there - 23f or whatever. Do they ever update the download page? Nothing for 2013 so far yet it keeps telling me there is a new update. Confusing as usual!
“It’s not that I’m so smart,
it’s just that I stay with problems longer.“
Albert Einstein

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

I believe they withdrew the g version as apparently it had a flaw with the jogging functions.

GaryK

Post by GaryK »

I'm also getting the message of a new update each time I start up. I'm currently running version g and have not had problems with the jog function. In fact, I experienced a couple situations where I could not stop the jog without hitting the kill switch with version f so I'm a bit hesitant on going back. In any case, if they withdrew version g, I wish their site would at least indicate that.

gmcurry

Post by gmcurry »

I got the same thing today and then my computer froze up

GullyFoyle

Post by GullyFoyle »

I have the latest, version I. I even downloaded it again to be certain.
I still get the new update notice.
Just installed and tested, updated firmware, today.

rsetina

Post by rsetina »

I get the same messages about there being an update. When I run the update, I get a message that a file can't be found and I should ignore it, and the program stops updating. I don't try to update anymore. If it's not broke, don't fix it, is my motto. I'll try the next version and see what happens.
Rick

rsetina

Post by rsetina »

I finally install version I. I haven't used it yet, it's late and I need to get up early. Hopefully I wont have any problems. I did it by going to the website and downloaded it there, instead of through the control panel itself. Every time I try doing it from the control panel, it wouldn't install.
Rick

GullyFoyle

Post by GullyFoyle »

I downloaded everything and installed from pc. I started with version I.
I kept getting the update notification. I downloaded version H and installed that.
No more update notification.
If all goes well for you I'll try version I again.