Potential Buyer Needs Info on Machine Capabilities

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Abi

Potential Buyer Needs Info on Machine Capabilities

Post by Abi »

I am looking into buying a CNC Router for the purpose of creating original cookie molds. However, if this is not possible with a router per-say, I would also like another machine or software with the capabilities to "scan" an existing 3D mold and put the info into the computer to be transfered to the router. Is this even an option with CNC Routers? If anyone can think of a different method to create these molds, any and all help would be appreciated. What is it like to copy a 3D object into router specs "by hand?" (If you do not know exactly what kind of molds I am looking to create visit here for examples: http://www.houseonthehill.net/index.php ... ex&cPath=1 )

Consultingwoodworker

Re: Potential Buyer Needs Info on Machine Capabilities

Post by Consultingwoodworker »

Abi,

It may be possible to create the types of molds you want just in the software, but it can be tricky.

Scanning existing molds into your computer is well within the capabilities of the CNC Shark using the scanning probe. The scanning takes time, but only needs to be done once, then molds can be programmed and carved from that scan.

Please feel free to email me at rbagnall@consultingwoodworker.com if you need to ask specific questions.

Ralph

Consultingwoodworker

Post by Consultingwoodworker »

Abi,

It may be possible to create the types of molds you want just in the software, but it can be tricky.

Scanning existing molds into your computer is well within the capabilities of the CNC Shark using the scanning probe. The scanning takes time, but only needs to be done once, then molds can be programmed and carved from that scan.

Please feel free to email me at rbagnall@consultingwoodworker.com if you need to ask specific questions.

Ralph

rapiddawg

Post by rapiddawg »

I have a CNC shark for sale.

Abi

Post by Abi »

Thank you all. Your suggestions were very helpful.