updating software

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

evetsnotals

updating software

Post by evetsnotals »

hey, I'm new, so just trying to figure things out. I bouth my shark cnc in spring of 09. At that time, it only ran on windows 95. had to buy an old computer to run my machine. Since, that computer has crashed, and current lap top is windows 7. to make matters worse, my original cd of VCarve Pro is damaged, and wouldn't load even if compatible......what do I do? any help appreciated

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: updating software

Post by jeb2cav »

With regard to updating the Shark specific software - it is hard to say given limited documentation available. I would recommend calling Rockler, and asking for the Next Wave tech support number. Call them to ask specific questions about what and how you'd upgrade your specific control box and what Basic Panel software you should use.

With the Vectric software - you can also ask Next Wave this question - but I'd go straight to Vectric and explain your situation. They might still have the version you purchased on the shelf, and maybe charge a nominal fee to replace it (assuming you either registered it or still have the registration information). They also have an upgrade program based on the version you own. You may or may not qualify for a reduced price to upgrade to the latest version of the Vectric software you currently have. You can find the contact info on their website - http://www.vectric.com.