Is there new Shark Software???

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

rapiddawg

Is there new Shark Software???

Post by rapiddawg »

Is there new shark controller software? Within the past six months.

GARYR6

Re: Is there new Shark Software???

Post by GARYR6 »

Yes if you check the Next Wave Automation down load site you will find new software release dated 8/6/10 for control software, as well as a new manual for down load.
To bad they email owners to let them know..... you just have to get in the habit of checking the site.

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

Version 1.4.0.10 was upload today which has a fix for the load error seen on some computers with certian types of SD cards.

Tim

Buc

Post by Buc »

http://www.nextwaveautomation.com/DownLoads.aspx
Version 1.4.0.10 dated 8-23-10
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

rapiddawg

Post by rapiddawg »

Got it. Thank you all.

sharkie

Post by sharkie »

I must be reading it wrong, but it seems to me that the "new" software is for someone who buys carve3d and the tracing unit. I don't see any new software geared for us Shark Pro folks who don't use that. In fact it asks for your new license number. Step right in Next Wave, and let us know one way or the other and thanks in advance.! :D

spinningwood

Post by spinningwood »

sharkie - While you are waiting for Tim from Nextwave to respond to your post, try this:

There are two control programs on the download page. At the bottom of the page is the one to use if you have the scan probe. Since you don't have the probe, you don't want this one.

Towards the top of the page (looks like it is part of the trial software section because of formatting errors on the page) is another version that is the one you want.

The link is labelled CNCSharkBasicPanel-1.4.0.10 (Updated 8/23/2010). Note that the word "scan" does not appear in this link.

Using that version instead of what you previously downloaded should solve your problem. Or you could buy a scan probe and get a key for the version you already installed....

Ed

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

Ed is correct that is the newest version. I see Ed is also correct that the webpage bold was not working right so that has been fixed so it should be easier to see.

garethllewelyn

Post by garethllewelyn »

Tim Owens wrote:Ed is correct that is the newest version. I see Ed is also correct that the webpage bold was not working right so that has been fixed so it should be easier to see.
I need .16 please.for scan Shark pro.. Gareth

garethllewelyn

Post by garethllewelyn »

rapiddawg wrote:Is there new shark controller software? Within the past six months.
Yass there is in the .17 version of the scan basic control panel, well done Tim.