Lost Letters

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Jack

Lost Letters

Post by Jack »

After the artwork is complete and I calculate a tool path in Vcarve pro my tool path is missing a letter or two. This happens mostly when I am using one of the script fonts. Has anyone else had this problem and how do I correct it. Attached are 2 examples.
Attachments
Party  Barn.bmp
Party  Barn2.bmp

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Lost Letters

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Jack - can you upload the project file? I have some ideas, but would like to try them on your font and size. Of course, in the mean time, someone else may "know" the answer.

CountryWoodCrafts

Post by CountryWoodCrafts »

98% sure that your vectors on your fonts are overlapping . . .convert to curves and weld selected vectors . . .this happens to me with certain script type fonts

Jack

Post by Jack »

The strange thing is I discovered, if I make a separate took path for just the script and tool paths for the rest of the sign it works. I did look at the vectors and it does appear that they are overlapping. I guess I can live with it now that I know to make separate tool paths. Here is the finish sign
Attachments
PB1.jpg
PB2.jpg

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Dash,

Can you post your project so we can kick it around and see if we can provide a solution?

Buc

Post by Buc »

I lost a couple letters about 4 hours ago. I was fine tuning the font size. Made it larger by .050" and two letters went away from my tool path preview. Changed them back to the original size and they came back. Changed them back the larger .050" size and they were back in the tool path preview. V-carved the text and everything looks OK. This happened to me using Aspire V3.

Joe if you need or want anymore information let me know.

Buc
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Buc,

Believe it or not I haven't spent much time with much variety in lettering. I've seen the tutorial that addresses script and "lost letters", and seen some interesting posts on the Vectric forum. Was hoping Dash would share this case - always good to learn first hand - but didn't have the time to try and duplicate it myself and then figure out the solution. No worries - when I do get there, I know where to ask...