Shark Vs General model 40-915

How are other systems alike/different from the Shark?

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

LAMEIII

Shark Vs General model 40-915

Post by LAMEIII »

I'm a hobby nut evaluating different systems before I make my plunge into CNC Routing. A friend told me I should seriously consider the General machine over the Shark.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Tim Owens

Re: Shark Vs General model 40-915

Post by Tim Owens »

The General is a very new machine. General does not make it but they have put there name on it. I have met the owner of General and have had a look at it from a distance at the IWF. They have been very sketchy on the specs so I cant give a compare besides it is running Mach 3 and will work with Vcarve. I dont know if they are downloading to a controller mach 3 does not always allow that so you can have issues with long programs.

LAMEIII

Post by LAMEIII »

I'm not familiar with Mach 3 so I don't think I understand your comment about running long programs. From my reading on their website, you develop the program on your computer then use a memory chip to transfer it to the controller on the unit.

kekman

Post by kekman »

I, too, am a hobbyist looking to buy either a Shark Pro Plus HD or the General i-Carver 40-915X. I was wondering if you made your decision, and if so, which one did you buy. If you haven't, I have been researching this since last December and can compare the 2 (if interested).