Half-Blind dovetail drawers

Share your Shark projects with other forum members!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Forum rules
Do not post any files that violate copyright or licensing guidelines. Any post violating this rule will be deleted and the member may be banned from future use of cncsharktalk.
Wolffie1

Re: Half-Blind dovetail drawers

Post by Wolffie1 »

Apparently there is a picture problem at the moment.
Cheers
Wolffie

JoDy

Post by JoDy »

Here are the files I used to cut my practice 6 inch drawers. I have included a how to file so you can sort of see the method to my madness.
If anyone would like.stl files for different drawer sizes let me know and I can generate them for you. It only takes a few minutes and I will probably need them down the road anyway.
I am also open to any suggestions on how to improve the process as well.
Attachments
Drawer How to..zip
6 Inch drawer files
(1.74 MiB) Downloaded 818 times
Drawer Jig
Drawer Jig

JoDy

Post by JoDy »

Just a quick follow-up to my 'How to file'. I expressed concerns about inconsistences which I thought were due to numeric rounding and the numbers I listed worked on my system and may not work on other systems. I changed my computer on the weekend due a file loading issue which I think is related to Windows 8. I cut a drawer to night with the new computer and the roughing toolpath numbers are out and need to be adjusted slightly.

Wolffie1

Post by Wolffie1 »

Thank you JoDy
I downloaded the files and will have a look at them in the morning when my brain is reasonably fresh :)
7:30pm here.
Cheers
Wolffie

WayneK

Post by WayneK »

JoDy I would like you vector files for the half blind dovetails. On your last posting on this discussion you said you couldn't attach your .crv files. Would you email the files to me if I send you my email address?

WayneK
email: c2h4o2@comcast.net