Acrylic edge lit light stand

Share your Shark projects with other forum members!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Forum rules
Do not post any files that violate copyright or licensing guidelines. Any post violating this rule will be deleted and the member may be banned from future use of cncsharktalk.
Keith Hodges

Acrylic edge lit light stand

Post by Keith Hodges »

A couple members asked for my files for my acrylic light stand, so here it is. Coupe things. You can profile it any way you want, this will just cut out a rectangle stand, with sharp edges. I have to put my choice of decorative edge on it at my regular router table. This is for a 9 inch acrylic. If you do another size, just adjust the size of the rectangles on the file for the pockets to suit your taste. All very easily done. The depths of the pockets are for using a standard 2 x 4, or 2 x 6 for material. I drill a small hole from the side directly into the small, deepest pocket to run the cord. I tie a know in the end prior to soldering to light strip, to keep it from pulling out, or putting tension on the solder joints. I also mainly use 3/8 inch acrylic, so the pocket for the acrylic is .55 inch tall, to allow the acrylic to lean backwards. That is also adjustable to your taste. Keith.
Attachments
New 9.50 light stand, no step, use this.crv
(106.5 KiB) Downloaded 816 times
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.