#0_biscuit slot

Share your Shark projects with other forum members!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Forum rules
Do not post any files that violate copyright or licensing guidelines. Any post violating this rule will be deleted and the member may be banned from future use of cncsharktalk.
4DThinker

#0_biscuit slot

Post by 4DThinker »

Nothing fancy here. If you don't have a biscuit joiner but have wanted to use biscuits for joinery, then the fluting toolpath can be used to cut arc'ed pockets for them.

I started with a #0 biscuit as that is all I had on hand. This is centered on 0,0 and I simply zero out my bit where I want a slot and let it cut. You'll have to rotate the file and save out the recalculated tool paths again if you want the slot cut at a different angle.

Let me know if you have any questions. I've tested this with my #0 biscuits and the fit is good. Tightens up with glue. 1/8" end mill used. You can probably increase the pass depth to make it cut quicker. I always start conservatively.

EDIT: And for side cut slots when you don't have any way to camp your board on edge to make this cut, a slot cutting bit such as this one and some clever toolpathing can cut those.:http://www.amazon.com/Yonico-14183-Bisc ... cutter+bit

4D
#0_biscuit.jpg
Attachments
#0_biscuit.crv
(22.5 KiB) Downloaded 460 times
Last edited by 4DThinker on Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4DThinker

Re: #0_biscuit slot

Post by 4DThinker »

Just like to add that any size of biscuit can be tool pathed, and for that matter any domino or dowel can as well. You have a CNC, and with some thought it can eliminate the need to buy any other of the machines you would need to cut Biscuit slots or Domino slots or dowels of any diameter.

4D

EdThorne

Re: #0_biscuit slot

Post by EdThorne »

Hi 4D,
Thank you for sharing. I have never tried this before but I am sure that I will in the future.
Ed