Edit G-code-- tap file-- feed rate

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

DougE

Edit G-code-- tap file-- feed rate

Post by DougE »

Is it possible to edit the code to change the feed rate for a specific axis only?

In the TAP file;
The "F100.0" command tells the machine to run at full feed rate.
"F30.0" would be only 30% feed rate.

This tag line is responsible for all 3 axis'' feed speed at the same time.

How would one be able to tell the machine to run X and Z at F30.0 and to run Y at F100.0 ?

Is this possible? (I believe it can be done in Mach3,.. but I am uncertain what the code looks like)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

DougE

Sorry,.. I don't know if this should be put in the programming section here or not. Moderator please move if necessary.

4DThinker

Re: Edit G-code-- tap file-- feed rate

Post by 4DThinker »

Tap files are just simple text files. If you have an editor with search and replace function then it shouldn't be too hard to do what you want.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Open up the tap file in notepad and edit it.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

gordread

Post by gordread »

He is not asking how to make the change. He is asking what to change it to.

F30 would change the feed rate for all three axis. Is there a 'f' command or some other letter that will change the feed rate for only the x-axis?

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

Search for X commands. At each one insert an F30 before it and an F100 (or whatever you want everything else to run at) after it.

thepuchman

Post by thepuchman »

First off Feed Rates are inches per minute or mm/minute if in metric. These are the F commands that control how fast the machine moves in G01. The value is not a % of anything. Open the program in any basic word processor such as Note Pad or Word Pad. Be sure to include the decimal in the value. So if you want 30 IPM type in F30. in the line. As for 2 feed rates in one line I doubt this is going to happen in any software package. You can program one axis in one line at what ever feed rate you want that the machine can achieve. Then in the next line enter a new feed rate for the next move for the other axis. Keep in mind these are 2 separate moves. Now, if you are at part zero and program in G01 F100. X3.00 Y10.00 the machine will calculate how fast to turn each axis to reach the point at the same time at a travel speed of 100 IPM. If each axis really moved at 100 IPM the it would be a 45 degree angle and not the programmed path you wanted. Hope this helps.

thepuchman

Post by thepuchman »

I just noticed the original post date. Wow, couple years late.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

thepuchman,

Where do you see that it's a couple years late? I only see Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:03 pm that's only a couple days.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

thepuchman

Post by thepuchman »

Dyslexia ??? I guess my tired eyes saw the date and year and mixed up the numbers. I saw 2013 the last time.