Dust Collection Hose Location

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

JPITT

Dust Collection Hose Location

Post by JPITT »

Does anyone have a good idea how to keep the dust collection hose elevated and out of the way while in use to prevent pinching or draging on the table? I have tried several different ways and they end poorly. If you do, please post a picture.....Thanks.

Iwejan

Re: Dust Collection Hose Location

Post by Iwejan »

I don't have a picture to share, but can tell you what I have done. I used the dust collection kit from a Craftsman system for my piping. This is smaller and the connector ends fit perfectly into the 2 1/4 inch opening of the dust collector. I suspended a rod from the ceiling down to approximately 4 foot above the CNC. I then fastened a long screen door spring onto the rod (make sure it is a weak tension spring) and secured that to the hose with a clamp. The hose moves very freely and is always vertical to the machine. A second section of the hose, which runs to the dust collector, is fastened with a long bungee cord to just keep it out of the way. It works great. Simple, but very effective. I believe this would also work for a 4" hose but haven't tried that. Hope this may help.

Iwejan

Jim N

Post by Jim N »

image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
Here is my setup-

Jim N

Post by Jim N »

image4.jpeg
image5.jpeg
image6.jpeg

JPITT

Post by JPITT »

Thanks Jim, that gives me some ideas. How is the sleve on the side attached to the side of the arm?

Jim N

Post by Jim N »

sleeve is aluminum flashing padded with foam. Side one is held on with 1/16" alum strap screwed to upright.
Top one is suspended by 1/8" alum strap
Jim

NewAgent45

Post by NewAgent45 »

I don't have a picture handy but I keep it simple. I'm using 2 1/2 inch hose to connect to the dust boot connection and my vacuum system is overhead. I use an adequate length of flexible hose and some bungee cords connected overhead to take up the slack and some of the hose weight of the hose.

Have a great day!

.. Rod