Router mounting bracket cracked, please help!

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

McBuster

Re: Router mounting bracket cracked, please help!

Post by McBuster »

From the pix, yes, they have provided a slot on one of the holes, but if the other is as tight as the original, consider boring that out as I suggested. This will make the entire clamp more uniform in its action.
Jon ...
Woodbury Mn

Eagle55

Post by Eagle55 »

I agree that they made a slight improvement in the hole problem but the problem still remains, you have a design flaw when you try to make a clamp out of the wrong material. You will be glad and more satisfied when you get the Dixie Billet clamp. I used my original clamp for 2+ years and to tell you the truth I just happened to realize that it was cracked one day when I looked up at it. Don't know how long it was cracked and it still held the router firm but it was scarey to see this when I was in a similar position that I had promised out a good size job and realized my machine was almost down for the count. Dixie took a few days to get here but was a very good investment. I wouldn't have replace it with a factory replacement but then if I had a job that was time critical, what you would or wouldn't do is subject to change.

Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com

zstat

Post by zstat »

I have waited 7 days already for the replacement parts since they told me they mailed it out (Broken Clamp)... almost 2 weeks since my 1st email... I looked up Dixie but their site has nothing on it...

rungemach

Post by rungemach »

You can email Sam at Dixie Billet at business@dixiebillet.com

I don't think this is a catalog item for him, so it would not be on their website.

IMHO, plastic is not the best material for this type of clamp as it will creep looser over time as it stretches, it is slippery, and it is prone to cracking as it ages.

Bob

John Shaw

Post by John Shaw »

I bought and installed the Dixie Billet router clamp. The service was great and I was impressed with the very high quality. I used the McBuster recommended mod and method (as it makes sense) and certainly feel it's more secure.