Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

DougE

Z depth incorrect

Post by DougE »

I set up a file to cut using Vcarve.

Material is set to 'inches'
Thickness is set to .05

Profile cuts are set to 'cut through' material.
Start depth 0.0
Cut depth 0.059

Single pass cuts

Zdepth has been set with touch-plate.

I am getting a Zdepth cut of apx' 0.025" only. (Uniform across bed)

Saving out .tap using CNCShark-USB Arcs (inch)

I don't have the latest control panel installed (running F not H version, but I don't see this being the issue)

I must be missing something simple (?)

Please give me a nudge in the right direction fellow-troubleshooters.

Thank you

DougE

tonydude

Re: Z depth incorrect

Post by tonydude »

Doug,

Can you post the crv file? This way we will know more about it. Is your gantry set at normal height or is it set at the max height? If the gantry is set too high it will bottom out at the z stop and cut no further down.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

DougE

Re: Z depth incorrect

Post by DougE »

Hi Tony

The gantry is set low. There are 2 bolt holes remaining at it's bottom to allow it to be raised 2 levels.

I changed the depth of the cut to accomidate a 'great' cut-through and not a skim through... wasted the sacrifical board completely but,.. that's why they call them that I suppose.

In any case, please take a look at the crv attached here if you would.

I rebooted VCarve and attempted to recreate the file (same results)
I changed the material settings to read in thousandths rather than .05 I tried to see if it was confused and put it in properly at .050. (no change)
I changed out blades to see if altering it's position in the spindle was causing it to come up short (no change)
The object is being cut in the center of the table (nothing near outer perimeter or max' cut range)
**shrug**

Thank you for your help and attention ! (Don't worry,.. I am not frantic about this project. I'll get it done by tomorrow night because I just found a bigger hammer!)

DougE
Attachments
ThrstSensrMod23dwg16bThiokol_v3.crv
Zdepth-MThio
(1.63 MiB) Downloaded 270 times