Delete Vector

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

PENNY1995

Delete Vector

Post by PENNY1995 »

I just got my CNC Shark HD and I opened a new file and I drew a rectangular vector. Now I cannot find any way to delete it. Can anyone tell me how to delete it. Thanks Robert

Kevink18

Re: Delete Vector

Post by Kevink18 »

Click on it it should turn in to a red dotted line then hit delete on keyboard

PENNY1995

Post by PENNY1995 »

Kevink18 wrote:Click on it it should turn in to a red dotted line then hit delete on keyboard
Everything in the Rectangle Vector will delete but the rectangle itself will not. Thanks for your response.
Robert

Kevink18

Post by Kevink18 »

Just click on rectangle

PENNY1995

Post by PENNY1995 »

I did. It will not allow me to select the rectangle to delete it.
Robert

KarenW

Post by KarenW »

What may seem like an insulting question but was the rectangle you drew the same size as your white working area?
Or asked another way, for example, did you set your job size at 6x10 and then draw a 6x10 rectangle?
You could click all day on the black 6x10 line and never delete it.
Karen

PENNY1995

Post by PENNY1995 »

It is not a insulting question I am just trying to learn how to operate the machine. You are right I drew a 4 X 18 inch rectangle to make a sign I know now that this was not necessary. I have worked with Visio drawing pipelines and various fittings for years this program has some of the same moves that the CNC has but I never seen a line I drew in that I could not delete are edit it. I sure you are RIGHT but I don't understand why they have it so you can draw a line in and its there forever.

Thanks for your help maybe someday I will get it figured out.

Robert

Wolffie1

Post by Wolffie1 »

I am convinced the line you are seeing is not the line you drew but the boundary line for the material.
It is always there but does not have to be used for anything.
Cheers
Wolffie

KarenW

Post by KarenW »

Robert - you WILL figure it out, I promise!
The first couple of weeks might be frustrating but you'll get it. It will all eventually click in your head and you'll be making as much sawdust as anyone.
I agree with Miss Wolffie that you're probably seeing the job perimeter after already deleting the rectangle you drew.
Try this -- draw another rectangle the same size as the white box/black border on your screen.
Then go into the "Set Job Dimension and Origin" window and change the size of your working space to make it larger. When you click "ok" you'll see the black box is now larger than the box you drew.

Sorry -- adding this little picture in case you don't know all the control buttons yet. ;)
Attachments
control snip.JPG
Karen

PENNY1995

Post by PENNY1995 »

Karen,
I got it fixed thanks to you it was real complicated I went to the set job dimension and changed the original size of my working space and it got bigger :). I also discovered a real complicated task (LOL)by the roll of the mouse wheel the work area gets bigger or smaller.

Thanks again Robert