Breakage

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

tonydude

Re: Breakage

Post by tonydude »

Don,

Have you looked at the map https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... UTF8&msa=0 You can pm somebody close to you.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Don3929

Post by Don3929 »

THANKS FOR YOUR MEMO. I SEE ONE IN SOUTH CAROLINA. THAT IS PRETTY FAR AWAY.
THE ONLY ROCKLER DEMO PLACE APPEARS TO BE IN ATLANTA!
Don

dmyers

Post by dmyers »

Pictures of the new style clamp from Next Wave.
The router was a snug fit before I started to tighten the clamp.
Attachments
New clamp on the right
New clamp on the right
Nw clamp notice the changes.
Nw clamp notice the changes.

dmyers

Post by dmyers »

I had ordered a new router clamp from Dixie Billet as soon as I had discovered my clamp was broken. It came in the mail today. Sam at Dixie billet did a beautiful job this thing looks fantastic. Plus it holds the router tighter than ever before.
I paid $62.00 plus $5.50 for shipping. This clamp will outlast my shark! I can't wait to start carving this weekend.
Thanks again Sam.

David

pjblues

Post by pjblues »

Can you post a address for Dixie? Can others get this clamp?

Thanks.

milo30

Post by milo30 »

dmyers

Post by dmyers »

pjblues,

Dixie Billet does not have an address or phone number listed. I contacted Sam at Dixie Billet thru his web site that only has an email address.
which milo30 posted. When you email Sam, he will need to know the machine and type of router you are using. He accepts PayPal, check or money order.
I ran my first carve yesterday and the clamp holds my router (Bosch 1617) rock solid. Be patient as there is a delay in his response as I don't think he checks his email but once or twice a day.
He will respond and his work is first class. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

David

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

I second the excellent clamp from Dixie-bilt. Love mine. The original clamp was just a design flaw, which seems to have been corrected. The small area where the bolt is located is the problem. The actual clamp held fine, just too much pressure where the bolt was. Gotta give credit to next wave, seems to be working to make better products at a reasonable price.
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.