Shipping charges? Oversold?

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Twosistersetc

Shipping charges? Oversold?

Post by Twosistersetc »

I started looking at the black diamond several weeks ago and decided last night to take the plunge and buy it. When I first started looking at it, I placed it in the cart to get an idea of shipping, etc. There was an oversized shipping charge of $65. I can see how that would be possible. No problem with it but I didn't purchase it at the time.

I went on to the website last night to buy it. Shipping is now $130! Is this in prep for some sort of promotion like 1/2 off shipping (putting it back where it originally was)?

It also says oversold. Does this mean I just waited too late?

4DThinker

Re: Shipping charges? Oversold?

Post by 4DThinker »

Make sure you don't have two of them in your cart. Even if you don't I suggest emptying your cart completely, then log out and close your browser before trying again. You might even try going back using a different web browser as most sites keep info in cookies attached to each browser that may be "broken" or at least confusing Rockler's site.

Twosistersetc

Post by Twosistersetc »

I tried that. I even went to a different computer. This is what is showing.

Since the black diamond is 'limited quantities', will they receive more once it is oversold?
Attachments
image.jpg

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

OK. Looks like they have a flaw in their cart web site. I got the same thing: $130. I recommend calling them to verify, and if the salesperson says shipping is $65 then order it over the phone rather than their site. I bump into broken web sites frequently. They may have been hacked, or just made a mistake editing their code.

If the new shipping charge is $130 then it may be related to gas prices, new quotes from shippers, etc.. At that point all you can do is decide it you still want one that bad.

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

The oversold might be a glitch in the new site. If they are oversold because of the weekend they will only be out of stock for a day or so. I think the shipping is a mistake, since I have not heard anything about an increase in costs of shipping. I sent a note to the Rockler rep for our products and he will figure it out on Monday. I expect that by Tue it would be back to normal on the site

norseman

Post by norseman »

This problem should be resolved...