Cant use the laser with HD4

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

gruszie

Cant use the laser with HD4

Post by gruszie »

Anyone have information on how to get the laser to work on the HD4? I have reviewed the setup guide but I am unable to use the laser because it says I need to use the Pirana Laser post processor. In the post processor selection bar there is no option for the Pirana laser post processor. I tried to download it from the website, but after trying to install it I got an error message saying the file is not compatible with my software. Any help is appreciated.

rapidskate

Re: Cant use the laser with HD4

Post by rapidskate »

You have to use the HD4 post processor from the Next Wave site.

gruszie

Post by gruszie »

Okay so I got this figured out you have to first download the piranha post processor file from the website and then you need to load it in the appropriate folder in V carve. The post processor file needs to go into the my post processor file in vcarve and then it will show up in the list after that I just turned, loaded the file and away it went.

tpulley

Post by tpulley »

Correct. Once you downloaded the correct .pp file, you will need to put that into the correct folder for vectric to see it. Then it should appear as an option to save it when you try and save a tool path.
HD4 extended, Vcarve pro 8.5, 4th axis, Laser. Learning everyday...