QUESTION about BITS

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

sk8nmike

Re: QUESTION about BITS

Post by sk8nmike »

fison wrote:I want to second Lance's recommendations. I use mostly solid carbide from Whiteside bits for 90% of my cutting I use their 60V, 1/8" & 1/4" end mills in 1/4 shank. I also use a 1/16" ballnose carving bit that I got from Sears that was intended for their CarveWright system.

There's also a 1/32" ball end Carving bit that really brings out the small details.

saramos

Post by saramos »

I have an interest in very small bits as the main purpose of my Shark will be for making detailed parts for scale radio controlled models. Currently, this is where I get my small bits.
http://www.american-carbide.com/MicroEn ... dMills.php

The smallest bit I currently have is a .015" end mill. My next purchase will be a .010" ball end. The smallest they have is .005", either end or ball.

FixitMike

Post by FixitMike »

60 degree V bit with a 1/32 radius tip, similar to MLCS woodworking part 5418.

Haltex

Post by Haltex »

For cutting graphic projects I have come to using the In Grove, You need to take a look at the way the bit is made

Hal

drueth

Post by drueth »

It would also be nice if Rockler carried the teflon spray lubricant that is required to keep this machine alive and happy

dar
drueth
Shark Pro Plus HD
new to CNC 12/2012

sk8nmike

Post by sk8nmike »

drueth wrote:It would also be nice if Rockler carried the teflon spray lubricant that is required to keep this machine alive and happy

dar
Liquid Wrench Silicone Srpay