NWA July 3 Contoller Update

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

BillK

NWA July 3 Contoller Update

Post by BillK »

Won't load for me. Any solutions out there? Fortunately the old one still remains functional.
BillK
http://www.Facebook.com/CarvingsbyKurtz
Instagram: carvingsbykurtz
Twitter: @CBKwoodcarver

Avenroot

Re: NWA July 3 Contoller Update

Post by Avenroot »

BillK wrote:Won't load for me. Any solutions out there? Fortunately the old one still remains functional.
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this but this is the first we have heard of this problem. We are receiving registrations for v23 so others seem to working fine. You might want to try and download the software again. Maybe you have a corrupted download. If you are still having problems please contact our support team at 419-491-4520 (M-F 8:30-4:30 ET).

ohiolyons

Post by ohiolyons »

Loaded on xp sp3 and win7 64 bit sp1

BillK

Post by BillK »

Sorry, my fault I guess. Tried to run it directly.

This time I saved it, actually read the screen that said to shut down the other programs and did that, then ran it with no problems.

Unlike the other updates which have reasons listed, what was the purpose of this update? No visual differences I see.

Thanks

BillK
BillK
http://www.Facebook.com/CarvingsbyKurtz
Instagram: carvingsbykurtz
Twitter: @CBKwoodcarver

wolffie

Post by wolffie »

Where do I find that one?
I am sure I am going to need it.
Cheers
Wolffie
I am never going to die, I live in Paradise already

wolffie

Post by wolffie »

Never mind, I found it.
Cheers
Wolffie
I am never going to die, I live in Paradise already

Ausworkshop

Post by Ausworkshop »

BillK wrote: what was the purpose of this update? No visual differences I see.

Thanks

BillK
I've noticed since updating mine this month (two updates I think) that it makes a strange vibration noise when returning to zero which it never did before. Something must have changed. It works smoothly when jogging on fast speed but when I move the gantry around and then press return to zero it sounds like its being pulsed like its on a low speed but this happens even when I have it set to fast. I'm pretty sure I'm not going crazy. I use the shark everyday so I'm used to what it normally does and I swear its now doing something different when returning to zero after the last update.

Can anyone else test this? Jog the machine away from zero, move it back and forth along the Y axis on fast speed.
Take note of the sound it makes while doing this, it should be a smooth sound.
Then when you have it a fair distance away from your zero point hit the 'Move To Zero' button
Take note of the ugly vibrating sound.
It never used to do this I'm sure of it. It used to sound no different than when you jog.
I want the smooth sound back again, it sounds like crap. Perhaps I'm being too fussy but I would like to know why its happened since the last update.

Anyone else noticed this?
Please give it a test, there is a noticeable difference.
“It’s not that I’m so smart,
it’s just that I stay with problems longer.“
Albert Einstein

Ausworkshop

Post by Ausworkshop »

UPDATE.

I just did some more tests to re-create the problem. It seems to be intermittent and I got it to do it again by using the step function set to 0.01mm. I tried it in inches and it didn't seem to do it, then when I went back to mm, used the step function a few times then hit move to zero while it was still in the step function and it did it.

I guess its not a real problem was just curious to see if anyone else noticed it. Doesn't seem to always do it either.

Would be good if one of these updates actually fixed the problem with the mm step being off.
For instance.
If your at zero and have the step set to 0.1mm then hit the step button 5 times (any direction on any axis), it should move to 0.5mm but it never does. I just tried it then and it says 0.476mm. This is just an example measurement but it does it with any combination of steps while using mm. I never really no if its actually moved 0.5mm or if its only moved 0.476. Maybe it really has moved 0.5mm but the numbers on the screen say its off. Who knows? It must be pretty hard to fix because it doesn't change with these updates. Hopefully when they re-do the whole program soon it will be fixed. They are aware of it, its some kind of rounding issue with the calculations.
“It’s not that I’m so smart,
it’s just that I stay with problems longer.“
Albert Einstein

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

This was more then likely a rounding error. Was this done on an HD? if not what unit do you have?

Thanks

Tim

baby15

Post by baby15 »

Tim Owens wrote:This was more then likely a rounding error. Was this done on an HD? if not what unit do you have?

Thanks

Tim
i tred 3 times to download the v23 an gets 98 percent an said it cant be downloaded