Paradise box hinge

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

MikeDe1025

Paradise box hinge

Post by MikeDe1025 »

I've spent the last 2 hours searching for a piano hinge that will fit the paradise box which we all know and love. I've looked on the recommended site for the exact hinge that the plans specify to no avail. I've searched every other place online I can imagine and I just cannot find the hinge. Surely someone, if not everyone, here who has made this box so far has found the proper hinge. Will someone pleeeeeeeze lead me directly to a page where I can purchase this hinge or something else tha will work? You have no idea how high I will jump for joy.

Mike

Junior

Re: Paradise box hinge

Post by Junior »

Buc

Post by Buc »

Mike,

I purchased my hinges @ Lowes.

Buc
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

ohiococonut

Post by ohiococonut »

I also use the hinges from Lowes. I gently cut them to length with a hack saw, file the ends straight if needed and de-burr. Then measure the thickness, width and length and change the depth of cut accordingly. You can literally use any hinge you want, there's no need to be confined to the hinge specified.
Del

"It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go."