Carvewrite patterns to vcarve Pro

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Jlkoehn

Carvewrite patterns to vcarve Pro

Post by Jlkoehn »

I just got the cnc shark black diamond and I have a bunch of free carvewrite patterns. Does anyone know if there is a way to convert them to work with vcarve pro 7.0 edition? Please help if anyone can! Thanks by the way I am new to the forum, Kansas here!

4DThinker

Re: Carvewrite patterns to vcarve Pro

Post by 4DThinker »

I don't own a Carvewrite, but welcome to the forum from another Kansas Shark owner. I'm in Manhattan by the way.

Vcarve will import .dwg, .dxf, .pdf, .ai, .eps, .pvc, and a few more file formats. If the software the carvewrite uses will export to any of those formats then you should have no trouble.
Cut3D which should come with your Shark can use .STL 3D files.

That's the best answer I can give you. Hopefully a current or previous Carvewrite owner can chip in.

4D

milo30

Post by milo30 »

I don't believe that you can use them. You'd probably get a correct answer on the vectric forum as there are several current and former Carvewright owners there. I remember reading about this before, there but my understanding could be wrong.

tmerrill

Post by tmerrill »

Vectric has covered this question with a FAQ that should help:

http://support.vectric.com/cut3d-questi ... tern-files

Tim

sk8nmike

Post by sk8nmike »

As an owner of both a Cravewright and a Shark I can tell you that I have searched high and low for a way to convert my PTN files to a format I could use elsewhere. And To date I've yet to find a method other than carving the file and then scanning it back in and saving it as an STL file.