Controller SD card

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

REG

Controller SD card

Post by REG »

I am having problems with large tool aths loaded onto the controller SD card. It loads fine but everything stops at 98% (believe it or not) - router running but everything else is at a stand still. I'm considering upgrading the SD card. I did pull the original SD card and had it tested and reformated but still have the problem. The file is good.
NWA tech. support hasn't replied to my inquiry of what I could use for a replacement SD card so I thought I would ask real users here on the forum.
My original is 4 gb but I am considering an 8 gb Class 10.
Anyone out there upgrade their SD card; if so what are you using? Any noticable difference in the SD upgrade?

Thanks in advance!

Bobby

Consultingwoodworker

Re: Controller SD card

Post by Consultingwoodworker »

The files being stored on the SD card are literally text files. A 10 hour carving run won't take up as much space as an MP3 song. Space on the SD card is not the issue. The SD card itself well may be. I have had them go bad in cameras and such. I have also had them go through the washer and dryer and not lost any data!

SD cards are cheap. 4 gigs should be more than adequate.

Ralph

REG

Re: Controller SD card

Post by REG »

My file was a 20 hour carve or about 22,000kb of data - still well within the range of the card capacity. The card was checked, tested, reformatted but still have the problem. One would think the file itself but all the g-code is good and shared the file with peers - one who did a dry run on a different machine. A Class 4 SD card should be fine for the controller but card capacity and Class rating are the only things left for me to try - I can replace with the exact same card but if I am going to buy a SD card I prefer to go with an improvement/upgrade.

Thanks for the response!

Bobby