HD4 pendant Problems

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

MDHunt

Re: HD4 pendant Problems

Post by MDHunt »

SteveM wrote:Since I talked with tech support and they worked with me to reset the pendant, I have run 2 projects with the machine, without any problems.
Now I am waiting for my dust boot to get here so I can get to work. These machines throw dust all over the shop.
Tech support was very helpful with my problem and told me to let them know if the pendant acts up again and they will send me out a new one so I am not down for very long.
:D :D
Steve
Steve, what is the procedure for resetting the pendant? Mine froze up this morning and there is no tech support on the weekends!
Thanks,
MD

SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Sorry MDhunt: I didn't have my computer on all day

This is how tech support told me to reset the pendant!
They told me to loosen the 4 screws on the face of the pendant, in case there is something that got under the edge of the screen and the plastic case.
I really don't know if that actually did anything, but I did it as they suggested.

1) Turn the power completely off
2) Take the pendant and press the screen in the center and power up the control box
3) If it works correctly, it should take you to the recalibrate screen
It will then put 5 blue dots on the screen. One in each corner and one in the center.
Just press the dots in the order they lite up.
They suggested to not use your finger, but a eraser on a pencil. It actually works better.

After it gets you back to the Shark logo, just re-tighten the 4 screws, but not to tight.

If that doesn't work, you will just have to wait to talk with someone in support tomorrow.

Steve

MDHunt

Post by MDHunt »

Steve,
Thanks for that info. I was hoping to have something from NWA this morning, but still nothing. I will try it out and see what happens.
MD

SteveM

Post by SteveM »

I don't know what is happening at Next Wave! When I had my HD4 and needed to call tech support, I always got thru to them. I never waited for more than an hour. Now viewing some of these posts, they have been quite slow in getting back to their customers. I had a CNC club member say it took 2 weeks for them to correct his problem with his machine. To me, that is far to long.
I hope the pendant re set directions work for you.

Steve

Janettx

Post by Janettx »

What I have found with the Shark HD4 controller and pendant is they are both heat and cold intolerant. My problem is the heat because I live in Texas. The only work around I have found is to put the USB into the freezer for about 5 minutes and this does getting working. However today after running for about 5 minutes after taking out of the freezer the machine pendant blacked out and the job stopped. This is super annoying considering most people are in working in a controlled environment. I have no other complaints about the shark machines but his one is a duzzy for sure. The bad part is they don't seem to care enough to remedy the issue.