Origional Shark Replacement Table

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

lsvien

Origional Shark Replacement Table

Post by lsvien »

I have one of the original Sharks, 12x24. While I would like to upgrade it's not in the cards for awhile. I have been wanting to replace the original MDF table with something aluminum t-track like the new systems. Has anyone replaced their table with something like 8020 extrusions? I have limited clamping options and like the new tables.

Bob

Re: Origional Shark Replacement Table

Post by Bob »

Isven,
I also have one of the originals.
One main recommendation if you have room in your shop: Extend that new table six inches or a little more beyond the front of the machine...(The end that doesn't have enough clamping room right now.) 8020 should make it easy to do that. And, be sure to get the extrusions that interlock with a "tongue and groove"
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

I did my old shark with 8020. Than I put a plywood top over it and planed it down.

Tony
Attachments
DSCN1606.JPG
DSCN1609.JPG
IMG_1311.jpg
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Bob wrote:The end that doesn't have enough clamping room right now.
Very true. Clamping things properly can be the most difficult part of a project.