Spindle starts then stops

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

rlussi45

Spindle starts then stops

Post by rlussi45 »

I'm a newbie so this might be a dumb question/problem. Have a Shark HD520 w/3hp water cooled spindle. Running VCarve Pro.
Problem I'm having is when the cut starts on program I wrote in VCarve, the spindle turns on and spins. Then turns off but the gantry wants to go through the rest of the cut. The VFD shows an error code EOCA. Called Next Wave and they indicated that the VFD was bad and sent me a new one. Same result today. I tried running a program I downloaded for a tool holder that I cut previously with the old VFD and it seemed to be working just fine (on an air cut). But the program I wrote (a simple letter "C" v-cut) does the same thing....spindle starts then stops. I believe I've written the program correctly using the correct bit parameters (downloaded from Amana), chose the correct post processor and saved the tool path. The file shows a ".tap"
Any Suggestions??

rlussi45

Re: Spindle starts then stops

Post by rlussi45 »

OK....update...I THINK I FOUND THE PROBLEM

Strange.....after loading the USB to the pendant, then ran a zero Z on the touch plate. Thats normal. But then I removed the Z zero plate cable from the pendant and ALL THE PROGRAMS work fine in an air cut trial.
Everything seems fine after I removed that cable from the pendant!
Unless I have gremlins in the system I think I'm good!!