Pendant screen calibration not working on Shark HD500

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

RGG_@^)

Pendant screen calibration not working on Shark HD500

Post by RGG_@^) »

I was in the middle of a small job and had to stop the tap file that was running to fix an issue. So I:

- Stopped the job
- Removed the usb stick
- Fixed the problem and saved the new tap file back to the usb
- Put the usb stick back into the pendant
- THEN, when I tried to select USB from the pendant, screen buttons above it flashed, and it kept asking for the touch plate instead. So obviously the screen calibration went wonko
- I resigned my self to starting the job over, turned off the controller, waited a bit, then turned it back on
- The it went into screen calibration mode (which made sense I guess), BUT
- It recognized my touching the top left & right filled dots
- Then SKIPPED the bottom right dot
- And it takes multiple presses to get it to recognize the bottom left tap
- Then something flashes on the screen too quickly for me to read it
- And the screen comes up saying to press "Continue"
- But pressing "continue does nothing & I'm stuck there

I tried repeating this process multiple times, SLOWLY in case it was an issue of catching up with me, but the same thing happens every time.

Also, I waited a few hours to let the control box cool down - it wasn't hot, just warm - and now the just the continue screen comes up and is totally non-responsive, so I can't do anything at all.

Any suggestions, or do I need new hardware?

TIA,
Richard

RGG_@^)

Re: Pendant screen calibration not working on Shark HD500

Post by RGG_@^) »

HERE'S THE FIX

A chip was caught between the plastic housing and touch screen. Tech support told me to take a business car and run it all the way around the screen (with the system OFF), BETWEEN the housing and the screen. This cleared out the chip that had gotten in there and was causing the "phantom" touch in the wrong location.

He then had me power it up, pressing the screen until it lit up, remove my finger, and then the calibration screen came up and I was able to calibrate all 4 corners.

Now I'm back in business. Woo-hoo!