Hey KarenW, can I join your club?

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Keith Hodges

Hey KarenW, can I join your club?

Post by Keith Hodges »

Got a little envious of Karen's line art photo carvings, so thought I'd have a go at it. Don't have Photoshop, but do have Coyote Stencil Shop, a program that creates stencils from photos, for scroll sawyers. A stencil isn't that far off from line art, soooo. Next ill have to give a try on acrylic.
Attachments
image.jpg
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.

KarenW

Re: Hey KarenW, can I join your club?

Post by KarenW »

Hey - not bad for your first go at it. :D
I'm working on an architectural photo tonight (and boy is it a PITA) and cut a dog photo earlier this evening.
Had hoped to have pictures ready to go but my finish is drying so maybe tomorrow.

Now the same question I asked John... did you enjoy doing it and are you happy with it?
Karen

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

Bout the same as acrylics, enjoy every bit of what we do. I can see some areas for improvement, but then again, we are our own worst critic.
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.

jdonaldson

Post by jdonaldson »

And I hate to admit how many hours I have spent at it ( nothing yet ready for prime time ) but still having fun and beats sitting in front of the tube.

Again thanks to you Karen and Tony for all your help and support

john
shark pro, Aspire 4 , VCP 6.5 , cut 3d ,

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Not bad Keith for first time. These get addicting too. We are all our worst critic when it comes to making stuff. But as long as the wife, husband and customer is happy that's all that counts.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.