Request

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

joesoileau

Request

Post by joesoileau »

Hi everyone. I have owned my Shark for some time now. I am really trying to learn how to use it with limited success. The reason for my post this morning is I have a friend who lost her mother last night after a long illness. She has a special photo of her and her mother's hands held together just before her passing. I was wondering if anyone of you would be willing to create a file from that photo for me that I could load into my Shark to create a memory piece for the family. Thank you.

ttolli

Re: Request

Post by ttolli »

I am not the most skilled on this forum but those that are have helped me tremendously. You can send the picture to my email which is wormychestnut@hotmail.com. I would be willing to help in any way I could. Again, I am not the most learned but I am willing to help.
Tim

dennisb

Post by dennisb »

I too am not very experienced, but I have been doing a few silhouette carvings for friends. If that's what you are looking for, I would be happy to give it a shot for you. email is dennis@bransonsurveys.com I am in the process as I'm typing this of carving a wedding photo for my cousin. This is my first post on this or any other forum. I'll try to figure out how to post the vcarve rendering of what I'm doing.
Attachments
colleen5.jpg

basecircle

Post by basecircle »

I will give it a try send me the photo at www.rcrnkovich2710@wideopenwest.com. Basecircle

KarenW

Post by KarenW »

Probably too late for this but you can also email your photo to me -- kew492@bellsouth.net
Photo portraits are sort of my specialty. :)
Attachments
Tia.jpg
torrie finished1.jpg
Wade2013a.jpg
Karen

cncjohn

Post by cncjohn »

dennish and Karen

Are you using Photo Carve to program you photo's?

milo30

Post by milo30 »

You might consider halftone or line art. They look very nice and are basically just a bunch of circles or lines cut to give your results. There is a free program that you can get to do it. The site that I got it was
http://www.students.tut.fi/~syvajar3/
it is the DXF halftone 1.0 file that you need.

Here is a picture of one done by someone else. It shows pretty good detail, I think. He said that this was the program that he used. Cut it, spread ink or paint into the lines then sanded. I haven't had time to give it a try yet other than just playing with the software.
john wayne.jpg

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

That looks like it was done in photo v carve.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

milo30

Post by milo30 »

It looks similar but was with the other program. It is feasible that you could do it in vcarve I guess but I don't have any clue how you'd change the widths of the lines at the necessary points. I've seen some really nice pictures done this way.

joesoileau

Post by joesoileau »

Good morning y'all. Karen, Dennis, and basecircle, I emailed the photo to each of you this morning. Your works are really appreciated and admired by me as I continue to try to learn the processes each of you have so skillfully captured by your crafts. It is terribly frustrating for me to not be able to do this on my own.
This piece will mean something very special and is completely unexpected by this family. Thank you for your offer to help me with this memorial. I promise to "pay it forward" just as each of you do.