My first 2 projects

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

mcsteve

My first 2 projects

Post by mcsteve »

I purchased my Shark in December from Rockler and have been working with different designs, bits and patterns trying to get a feel for how the system works and the results I would get with the various bits. I've also been reading much of this forum and have broadened my view of what this machine will do based on the projects you folks have posted. Thanks for the ideas in case I forget to say so in the coming months :)

So, my first project was a cribbage board. I was going to make one with a carving in the center but on second thought I figured I should go slow. I drew this entire project with V-Carve Pro 7.5 and used 3 different tools in the process. Lots of fun changing tools without messing up the home. (Insert sarcasm here)

The second project, a Finger-Joint Box, is from the Vectric projects that are available on their web site. Nice project but very hard to keep some parts intact due to my use of a soft pine. I'll try using a harder material in the future.
Crib Board
Crib Board
Box before assembly of top and bottom
Box before assembly of top and bottom
Trinket Box
Trinket Box
CNC Shark Pro Plus - 12/2014
VCarve Pro, PhotoVCarve, Cut3D
ViaCAD 3D, AutoCAD, Sketchup
BobCAD V28

basecircle

Re: My first 2 projects

Post by basecircle »

Thats what it's all about.Having fun making chips .Good job for your first pcs. Keep up the good work. Basecircle

drueth

Re: My first 2 projects

Post by drueth »

Great start. keep asking questions there are some real good woodworkers on this site that will help you learn.
drueth
Shark Pro Plus HD
new to CNC 12/2012