New Setup

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

bigdon

New Setup

Post by bigdon »

Like many other on here I am new to the Shark world and just setting up my system. Does anyone know if the computer to drive the system will work with "Windows 8" or "Chrome"? Will an AMD chip set work?

4DThinker

Re: New Setup

Post by 4DThinker »

So long as the PC is running Windows, you shouldn't have a problem.
If you are using the 2.0 controller then you may bump into a few problems as reported in the 2.0 review thread here.

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

I almost started to say Windows 8 is fine. Then I realized people might think I like Windows 8. ;0). I hate Windows 8, but, your shark will work fine on it.
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

There was a problem actually with a version of firmware fielded with 2.0 - had nothing to do with the operating system - period. This has since been resolved and customer known to have this problem have been contacted and given a 'corrected' download. If you're still struggling with this, please contact NWA support directly and get updated installer with 'correct' firmware.

And no - there isn't a unique firmware between 1.5.x and 2.0. NWA received a firmware drop that worked fine with 1.5.x, but didn't work fine with 2.0. That has since been resolved.