Piranha: Controller not connecting to PC

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Bob

Re: Piranha: Controller not connecting to PC

Post by Bob »

ike wrote:
New.crv
[ Bob not sure if this will work? One question do I need to load the Shark controller file onto the flash card or just the file to be carved from V Carve pro?
You only need to load the one you saved to the Piranha post processor.
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

Bob

Post by Bob »

ike wrote:
The attachment New.crv is no longer available
[ Bob not sure if this will work? One question do I need to load the Shark controller file onto the flash card or just the file to be carved from V Carve pro?
Ike,
After looking at your job setup, I am seeing a material thickness of .75", a home position of 1", I don't know how far the tip of the tool protrudes past the chuck but it could be about an inch, plus are you using a spoil board?
Even without a spoil board you are using about 2.75" of Z travel. You only have about 3" of travel available on the Piranha. You could be hitting the upper travel limit of the gantry. This would cause your bit to go too deep into your work.
z.JPG
An easy first thing to try is to lower your home position then try an air cut...no material on the table.
Also check to see that you are saving toolpaths to the correct Piranha post processor.
The work flow:
Draw the buckle, make the toolpaths, save the toolpaths to your thumb drive, plug the thumb drive into the Piranha controller. Be sure to set the Z zero before trying to select and cut the file. select the file from the choices on the thumb drive. Start the cut...thumb poised over the big red STOP button.
Bob
"Focus"

Bob

Post by Bob »

Ike,
I've changed your home position and changed your toolpaths to all use the same bit (60V).
I attached the toolpath(tap), and crv file. You only need to use the tap file when using the thumb drive to transfer your toolpaths to the Piranha control box.
buckle v2.crv
(146 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
buckle.tap
(34.09 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
Remember to try an air cut first.
Bob
"Focus"

bhoffice3

Post by bhoffice3 »

Has anyone had same trouble with Shark HD4?
I have had my machine for a month now and have asked Tech support why I cannot connect but no real answer yet.

tpulley

Post by tpulley »

Not that I can help much but I have 3 laptops. My everyday laptop ( I am a network engineer) would not connect no matter what I tried. It runs windows 8.1 . The other two have Windows 10 and connect fine... I quit wasting my time with the third one. And.. as a matter of fact have not yet needed to use the controller to connect. I just plug in the flash drive, select the file and start cutting that way. On number 4 project now. 1 finally came out right after understanding the x,y orentaion of my wood to the table. 2, looked kinda strange as it was cutting so I aborted it. #3 I cut a moose wading in the water and it was AWESOME... Lots of learning to go... I have had mine 2+ weeks now. Yeeha...
HD4 extended, Vcarve pro 8.5, 4th axis, Laser. Learning everyday...

ssbxfire

Post by ssbxfire »

not having a bit of luck getting my old WinXP system to connect to the controller, I have tried Control Panel versions 1.5, 1.6 and 2.1 and 3.0....no go
I have tried another system with XP on it and no success there either, it all seems to boil down to the supplied USB driver, OEMTech, doesn't seem
to install correctly and my WinXP systems show under System->Hardware->Configuration it's wanting a driver for "Piranha Controller"

I really hate investing in Win10, but looks like I will since others seem to have success with it.

I would so much like to have a version for the Mac ;-)

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

not having a bit of luck getting my old WinXP system to connect to the controller, I have tried Control Panel versions 1.5, 1.6 and 2.1 and 3.0....no go
I have tried another system with XP on it and no success there either, it all seems to boil down to the supplied USB driver, OEMTech, doesn't seem
to install correctly and my WinXP systems show under System->Hardware->Configuration it's wanting a driver for "Piranha Controller"

I really hate investing in Win10, but looks like I will since others seem to have success with it.
It is noted in the important notes at most sites that sell the Piranha that it is required to have Windows 7 or later.

Have a GREAT DAY!!! :)

Be SAFE around those AWESOME Machines!!! ;)

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

lonsdorf61@gmail.com

Post by lonsdorf61@gmail.com »

i was having the same problem untill i found out that i had the post processer set wrong IN THE PROJECT I WAS RUNNING HAD TO SET TO cnc shark USB PROCESSER IN THE PROJECT I RAN