router installation

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Dave

router installation

Post by Dave »

I just purchased a CNC Shark & Bosch router. Does anyoneknow how you are supposed to tighten the router in thye router holder? It looks like there are two bolts on opposite sides of the holder (nothing in front as the manual says). However, the bolts are too short to make contact with the router holder. Any suggestions.
Dave

Tim Owens

Re: router installation

Post by Tim Owens »

Dave,

There is a friction lock that requires you to use a t27 bit to tighten it down an a colt bosch router.

Tim

howardandersen

Post by howardandersen »

There was some comment around the time of the Atlanta show of a new router at about 1.25 hp that would fit the Shark. Can anyone give me details of that router? Many thanks!

Dave

Post by Dave »

My problem is that the mount Rockler says I should have has a single bolt in the front. Mine has two bolts, one on each side and the bolts are too short to make contact with the holder. I used two longer hed head bolts and was able to tighten the router, but Rockler thinks Next Wave putthe wrong mount on this machine. I used the proper t27 screwdriver to fasten the gantry to the base.

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

Dave,

As we talked on the phone you are missing the Router friction lock, and you are thinking bolts for the frame are how you lock down the router. I will send you the part today.

Tim