Leonard's shark goes up instead of down

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

leonard1234

Re: Leonard's shark goes up instead of down

Post by leonard1234 »

Thanks Ed, I am leaving work here soon so when I get home I will see what I can do to get this solved, I think most of it is how I am putting the information in. I know I am missing something.
Leonard

Buc

Post by Buc »

Here is something to look at on the V-carve program. On the drawing side of the program make sure you set your tool position (Z axis) off the top of the piece. When you go to set the tool paths, the first Icon on the top left under tool operation,(material set-up) make sure you have the tool postion also set to the top. I just did this. I had the drawing side set to the top of the piece and the toolpath side was set to the bottom of the piece. When I went to run the part, My Z axis moved up .750" and started machining air. When I went to calculate the tool path I got an error box Stating, "The home Z position is below the safe Z height. Moving Home Z height as Z safe." By clicking OK does not fix the problem. Both the drawing side and toolpath side Z set positions have to match.
Buc
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

leonard1234

Post by leonard1234 »

Ed, I got the program to work and the Gcodes are working as I have tool path set. Now after running the file I have abetter understanding as how it all comes together. I now have to go in and edit my file. I know I will still need help with vcarve software. I thank you for your support and will need more as I wade through thr vcarve software. Oh the problem was with the not setting back to 0 on the panel. I thought it was, but going into the negative mode.

Tha :lol: nks also to Tim for being supportive on new control box. I can see that this machine will do what I need and more.
Thanks again.
leonard