New CNC Shark Black Diamond

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

bradferguson

New CNC Shark Black Diamond

Post by bradferguson »

Picking My new CNC Shark Black Diamond Edition on Wednesday very excited. What issues should I look out for during assembly? Does the machine come if good assembly instructions?

milo30

Re: New CNC Shark Black Diamond

Post by milo30 »

Assembly is very simple. The instructions are sufficient to assemble it

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

The Shark Owner's Manual is available for download from the NWA Downloads page. I'm told it is not shipped with the unit, but a note is placed on one of the papers. While you won't see the phrase Black Diamond in the manual - it provides an appropriate reference.

You will also be well served by working through most if not all of the VCarve tutorials - watch each one once - no hands on the keyboard, watch/duplicate/pause as needed, and then see if you can do it without the video - then move on to the next one. The time you spend working through the tutorials before actually making dust will pay for itself in the immediate and long term.

A recently added resource is the Vectric Introduction to CNC, you can find it here - http://www.vectric.com/support/introduction-to-cnc.html.

bradferguson

Post by bradferguson »

Thanks for the feedback. My granddaughter (shes 9) and I have listening and practicing the tutorials for about three now get better at very day. She already has a long list of signs she would like to make. Sounds like veryone is getting signs for christmas this year.
I'll let you know how the assembly goes on Thrusday

milo30

Post by milo30 »

If you haven't already download the trial version and play with it til then.

McBuster

Post by McBuster »

An easy way to set up the Gantry.

Lay down a blanket/towels to prevent scratching. The pix tell the story. Once a bolt has been inserted on each side, tilt it up and do another pair. Easy ...
Attachments
IMG_1438.jpg
IMG_1439.jpg
IMG_1440.jpg
Jon ...
Woodbury Mn

WoodEraser

Post by WoodEraser »

If you are getting it Wed and want to use it the weekend hook up your controller box to your computer down load control panel and get your registration for it and touch plate before Sat. They don't usually work the weekend.
Eric the "WoodEraser"
Sun City Center, Florida

If today were perfect there would be no need for tomorrow.

rungemach

Post by rungemach »

Occasionally someone will report a machine arriving with loose fasteners. Check everything for tightness while you are assembling the machine, so you do not have to go back and retighten later, when some thing will be harder to reach..

dmyers

Post by dmyers »

New guy here. Just purchased a Shark Black Diamond that will be here Friday. One of my many questions to come. Does anyone recommend a specific router as I have not bought one yet.
Any help and suggestions on a good router is appreciated.

Any way I live in Central Florida, Melbourne. I have a Sears Carve Write that I have had my fill of (piece of junk) and wanted to upgrade.

I just joined the forum. I know that there is a lot information as well as a lot of helpful people on here that will help the learning curve.

I'll be taking the next two weeks off to set up and play/learn all I can about the shark.

Thanks for any and all help.

David

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

David,

First thing you have to do is study the tutorials and download the demo and play with the program so when your machine is all set up you should be ready to test it out after you register everything. I have a porter cable model 892 which has variable rpm and a 1/4" and 1/2" collets.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.