Frustrated

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

marketplace

Re: Frustrated

Post by marketplace »

hdtheater wrote:Can't say anything about 64 bit, but I am running just fine on Windows 7 32 bit.

Eric
OK guys I am up and running with a new Compaq - windows 7- 64 bit
I did not have any problems and have cut 2 projects so far to learn my way around the program
I don't know much about computers but you would think "windows 7 - 64 bit" processor would be the same no mater what brand of computer you buy.
This thing is awsome fun and I hope you guys get up and running soon

Hitch

Post by Hitch »

Something to try. Antivirus software may prevent foreign software (non-MS) from running. The software could be from Norton, some other brand and even the operating system. First disable the antivirus software. In the case of Windows 7 even though you may be logged in as adminstrator, you still need to right click and run as admin. So, uninstall the programs and reinstall (right click). You need to do this everytime you run the panel program. Note: laptops will have more security software on them compared to desktops.
This was the problem with my system and thanks to Tim, it now works.

nwflycaster

Post by nwflycaster »

Well, thanks to another local Shark user, I am up and running. He came over and got my other computer, an Acer netbook going with it. Now I am finally enjoying the use of the tool. I am using the newer computer to do my design work, copying to a thumb drive and running the program on the netbook.

RhB_HJ

Post by RhB_HJ »

nwflycaster wrote:Well, thanks to another local Shark user, I am up and running. He came over and got my other computer, an Acer netbook going with it. Now I am finally enjoying the use of the tool. I am using the newer computer to do my design work, copying to a thumb drive and running the program on the netbook.
Lets hope Tim Owens reads these posts and considers expanding/improving the manual!
Cheers

HJ
_______
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC Canada

http://www.rhb-grischun.ca