Do I need to make a Table for my Shark Pro Plus?

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

BobA

Re: Do I need to make a Table for my Shark Pro Plus?

Post by BobA »

Hey Guys,

I finally got my cabinet made to hold my Shark. I have 3-1/2 " casters under cabinet. I made cabinet big enough to add a top in the future which I will need to do at a later date. I was afraid that a wooden cabinet on wheels wood move when machine was in use. There is no vibration at all.

The forum and your comments and other posts have been very beneficial.

Thank you all,
Bob
Attachments
I have controller built in switch on front turns controller on and off. The single outlet on front is on all the time. I have duplex outlet onside of cabinet behind controller. One receptacle controller  is  plugged into. Laptop is plugged in the other receptacle and is on all the time. All unneeded wires is stored in compartment behind controller.
I have controller built in switch on front turns controller on and off. The single outlet on front is on all the time. I have duplex outlet onside of cabinet behind controller. One receptacle controller is plugged into. Laptop is plugged in the other receptacle and is on all the time. All unneeded wires is stored in compartment behind controller.
I keep my laptop in top right drawer.
I keep my laptop in top right drawer.
I have 2 shelves on back side behind doors
I have 2 shelves on back side behind doors

REG

Post by REG »

BobA wrote:Hey Guys,

I finally got my cabinet made to hold my Shark. I have 3-1/2 " casters under cabinet. I made cabinet big enough to add a top in the future which I will need to do at a later date. I was afraid that a wooden cabinet on wheels wood move when machine was in use. There is no vibration at all.

The forum and your comments and other posts have been very beneficial.

Thank you all,
Bob

Nice job!!!
Your shop floor is too clean, heck even your Shark is too shiney; go make some dust :D

hdtheater

Post by hdtheater »

I like it! Any closeup photos of your guides and clamps on the table? I made a guide to run along the side and am still working streamlining its use.

Eric
Thanks,

-Eric

Facebook.com/inspireddesignstx

BobA

Post by BobA »

Hi Eric,

I made the rails on the side and front to let me know visually where my X & Y limits were. Also that are secured to the table and do not distort the table be. I think that my table is flatter with the rail in front. I do not like the clamp using the clamps that came with the machine. Especially when you clamp your project and your wood, the bolt and the end on the table are all on different individual rails. You can see that the rails are not on the same plane. When you loosen the clamps where there is no distortion there is not enough pressure on your project to keep it from moving. Anyway the current clamps work and keep the table from distorting, I have attached the pictures you ask for.

Bob
Attachments
CNC clam-1.jpg
CNC Cabinet Rails.JPG