Controller not recognized, Failure to Connect....1

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Ccygan

Controller not recognized, Failure to Connect....1

Post by Ccygan »

Failure to Connect...1 is the error I get when running the Firmware Update program. The USB device drivers ncPOD not installed properly. I'm running Vista on a Dell Inspiron 1525. Loaded .net 4.0 followed the directions the manual. The yellow light is flashing. Any help would be appreciated. Can't wait to get this going...

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Controller not recognized, Failure to Connect....1

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi,

You say you loaded the .net 4.0 - do you really mean .net 3.5? What about the vcredist_x86.exe? You also need to look at power management settings - the usb device may go silent quickly. At face value, I think you've run into an installation steps/sequence problem, and may or may not have yet run into the laptop power setting issue yet.

Are you sure you're installing all of these things (not just the basic panel) with administrator privileges?

You may also want to ensure you have applied any bios and driver updates to this laptop.

A good reference post that compliments the 8/13/2010 manual is http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=260. I don't think you're far away from running.

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

2.0 is usually fine for the install.
Make sure your antivirus is off. You are administrator on the box and then reboot for vista machines.

TIm

Ccygan

Post by Ccygan »

Thanks for the tips. I followed the installation steps by the book several times, uninstalling everything, rebooting and re installing several time. I'had read and tried everything on this forum and others. Until my son had me right click on the .exe files and change their properties to install as though it were on an XP system..... That worked.