Shark Pro Plus cutting capacity

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

CWC

Shark Pro Plus cutting capacity

Post by CWC »

I am very seriously considering buying a Pro Plus, but I have a specific question about the capacity. It is listed as 25" by 25", but how is this measured? Is that centerline of the arbor to centerline of the arbor at full travel, or is full travel greater than 25"? I need to know because 95% of my intended use will be machining the edges of a 25x25 work piece. I will need the centerline of the bit to be at least a 1/4" beyond the work piece so the inner edge of the cutter cuts the outer edge of my piece. Hopefully I am explaining this well enough....

Minitucking

Re: Shark Pro Plus cutting capacity

Post by Minitucking »

You will not be able to travel further than 25"

fison

Post by fison »

Not sure about the Pro Plus but my Pro goes ~25" x ~25" stop to stop (that's to the center of the bit) so I'd have to cut slightly inside that but I could edge mill a 24x24 piece with virtually any bit. Since the Pro is advertised at 24x24 and the Pro Plus at 25x25 you may well be able to do what your describing so long as you set it up right.
Paul Fison
Tacoma, Washington, USA
(253) 925-0855

btray

Post by btray »

I am a newbie to the forum talked to Al and he suggested I ask questions here about the shark...my question is can I use it to drill 3/16 aluminum plate from 1/4 to 1/2 holes say 650 holes a day?

would it hold up if I did that twice a week?

Thanks Bill in Willis Texas