minimum computer requirements

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

lroisum

minimum computer requirements

Post by lroisum »

where can i find the minimum computer requirements to run the pro plus?

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: minimum computer requirements

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi - I'm not aware of any manufacturer's (Next Wave Automation) published minimum requirements.

There are two primary software components for this system - VCarve Pro and the Shark Basic Panel.

VCarve Pro is made by Vectric - http://www.vectric.com - which do provide minimum system recommendations.

The Shark Basic Panel will probably run on just about any system - I suspect even an old XP box with 512K ram. It is merely communicating via USB to the control box, and downloading to the control box a text file of sorts.

So, if you are thinking of purchasing a new machine to run both, check out VCarve's minimum system requirements and the Basic Panel's unstated requirements will almost certainly be met. If you are looking to buy a computer just to run the Shark itself, and are going to run VCarve on a different machine - I'd go to a local shop and buy a cheap used XP box or laptop.

Some folks do prefer to have and be able to use VCarve while connected to their Shark - they see a change they want to make and don't want to thumb drive their way to the change. So, that is also something to think about.