SHARK PRO HD? NEW TO CNC

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

macl212

SHARK PRO HD? NEW TO CNC

Post by macl212 »

Hello, I am looking at getting a PRO HD system. Totally new to cnc, but have a computer, and woodworking background. Getting the system to do custom sign's and plaques. I have read all the good, and the bad with the SHARK. Is this system right for the type of work that I will be doing? How long is the learning curve on the system? For instance, what type of bit to use, computer requirements? Also wondering about getting a system with a level table, which seems to be the most common issue with the SHARK. Any and all info will be great. Hate to spend money on a system that has issues, or not up to the work tasks given to it. Not looking to run it everyday, just when the wife tells me to go make sawdust or I'll get hurt. :lol:

johndeer2005

Re: SHARK PRO HD? NEW TO CNC

Post by johndeer2005 »

I am new to CNC allso, just recieved my shark last week, and its great for signs and plaques, but will do SO MUCH more. For me the learning curve wasnt bad for cutting simple signs, but I am still learning. A guy on this forum told me the best thing to do is watch the tutorials, and boy was he right!!! Has helped me allot!!! You can also download a frre portion of V Carve, that will help also. I purchased the photo v carve when I orderd my HD, but havent used it yet, I want to get all the basics down first. I hope this helps in some way, and good luck with your decision, I dont regret buying mine,,, Yet,, Lol.

macl212

Post by macl212 »

Thank you for the heads up!!!

badquaker

Post by badquaker »

I just ordered the HD. I build custom furniture/displays for a local interior designer, and hope this opens other revenue streams.

will

Post by will »

Been trying to carve a simple flower for days. keep getting message "code error in line one". Have yet to make any shavings. Experienced lifetime woodworker and architect. Know cad and computers but totally flummoxed by this machine and software. Any help out there if I don't make sawdust soon ..... yarrrrghhhhh

Eagle55

Post by Eagle55 »

Will,
Is it possible that you are using the wrong post processor when you save you toolpaths to .TAP file? Seems like I have heard of that particular problem before and think it is either the wrong post processor or wrong version or something of that nature. What are you versions of the various software? Tell us a little more about what you have and maybe even post your CRV file for us to see if there might be a problems there.

Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Will,

Check to be sure you are using the correct post processor for the Shark when you create the tap file from VCarve Pro. If that is correct, the most likely culprit is the use of a bracket in the name of the tool in the tool database.

If you can't clear this, create a simple square and vcarve or profile it, create a tap file and post it here on the forum (Upload Attachment).

wolffie

Post by wolffie »

Vectric told me there is supposed to be a line in the code that changed ( ) to { }
However, that did not happen on my machine.
When I went into the tool database and removed all the (tool size) in the name of the tool, the problems stopped.
Cheers
Wolffie
I am never going to die, I live in Paradise already

johndeer2005

Post by johndeer2005 »

Can anyone tell me what the scale should be set at on photocarve?