Update on the machine

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Peterjd

Update on the machine

Post by Peterjd »

Well i have been using it for a few months now.
It pretty much runs at least 4 hours a day 4 days a week, basically cutting out housing joints.
I have not had one worry with the control panel since we reinstalled the USB drivers a few months back. The table is now very level , level enough to be able to engrave with a depth setting of .25mm however the router has some bearing play and well it sorta doesn't do the job right, perhaps a decent spindle will be the answer. I still havent put the aftermarket speed controller on yet.

Dust extraction, well we dont have to clean much at all as the home made attachment sucks most up. I do think i will get the proper shark one though.

We have been doing a hell of alot of plaques, so far about 500 i think give or take a few.
For the known sized jobs IE a piece of timber 400x200 i first found the middle point for the 0'0'0 on the timber.
Then i ran the machine all the way forward till it does it's little click then all the way left till it cant go any more and set the machine at 0'0'0.
I then move it to the work piece 0'0'0 and write down the coordinates. I do this for each size we cut and so far once i have set it up and written down the coord right we can get the machine back to the start point perfect every time by manually jogging the machine.

So at the start of each new sized job or after the power has been off i move the machine all forward and left, set 0 and then jog it to the known coordinates. All i need do is set the height then reset 0
The spoil board has a ledge cut into it so the work will sit flush and square with the gantry.
V carve pro, yeah easy as to figure out.

So we are happy with it , even though i still think 6k is a bit too much in Aus for this machine.

cheers

wolffie

Re: Update on the machine

Post by wolffie »

Peterjd wrote:The table is now very level , level enough to be able to engrave with a depth setting of .25mm however the router has some bearing play and well it sorta doesn't do the job right, perhaps a decent spindle will be the answer. I still havent put the aftermarket speed controller on yet.
cheers
I made up a new bracket for my Dremel to be used when I do engraving.
Nice and quiet and does a beautiful job plus I can use the tiny bits without going to the expense of buying a new chuck.
Only problem I had was that the first Dremel was electronic speed control, the Shark cannot handle that.
With manual control it plugs into the control box and works a treat :)

Cheers
Wolffie
I am never going to die, I live in Paradise already

Peterjd

Re: Update on the machine

Post by Peterjd »

I never even thought of using the dremel, may have to make up a holder for one