Help Shark pro plus

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

jim westergard

Help Shark pro plus

Post by jim westergard »

I have owned this machine for 6 weeks and have yet to have it complete a carving. I have tried the tutorials etc. etc. and am quite familiar with the basic program. What I am asking, is there someone out there in the U.S. that would be willing to talk me through a simple sign or whatever, by phone. Somewhere I am missing a critical step. The learning curve is vertical to me. Please contact me and I will be happy to compensate. I am about ready to junk this expensive toy. thanks jim westergard 208 317 1366 lets talk and set up a time .

davespenden

Re: Help Shark pro plus

Post by davespenden »

Joe, where are you located?

davespenden

Post by davespenden »

Sorry, I meant Jim :(.

REG

Post by REG »

Yea, whatever you need, just give a bit more detail on what is giving trouble. Have you connected to the Shark controller and tried to jog the axis? That is often the 1st step in determining if you have the basic controller, computer and Shark controller talking correctly.

REG

Post by REG »

Jim, I read some of your other posts and I see that the problem is maybe you are making a project without first understanding how V-Carve works. I suggest scrap your sign project for the momment and work on a sample already built in V-Carve. Use Vectric web site training material link, there is one project there that has a sign. The instructions are in PDF so you can print it and have it in hand to go along step by step. Now they don't show you how to load the file to the Shark Basic Panel software but that step is fairly simple.

Once your project is finished in V-Carve, save it but be certain to select the post-processor of the Shark (there is a list in a drop-down box of all the popular CNC machines out there and the Shark is in that list). Once saved in V-Carve, you now have made the project code for the Shark Basic Control Panel to run so techinically you are done with V-Carve and now need to open the Basic Control Panel. The B.C.P. is where you will set your carving start points as well as set your axis zeros. Load the file you saved from V-Carve and then run. For the first time, be near your E-Stop just in case.

Bobby