Owner To Be (Newbie).

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Joseph Poirier

Re: Owner To Be (Newbie).

Post by Joseph Poirier »

We also have Virtual-Z, which no other CNC manufacturer can offer. If you have a package with a touchplate, and add-on the 2.0 software you can use Virtual-Z. Very minor charge for for this big feature.

NLAlston

Post by NLAlston »

Joseph Poirier wrote:We also have Virtual-Z, which no other CNC manufacturer can offer. If you have a package with a touchplate, and add-on the 2.0 software you can use Virtual-Z. Very minor charge for for this big feature.
The Touchplate IS included with that demo unit. I didn't know exactly what it's functionality was, but will certainly look into its software counterpart, if that machine is still to be there for me to buy.

milo30

Post by milo30 »

The touchplate is nice. You would have to buy the new download to use the virtual z, where basically you use the touchplate to take height measurements of your board and it will calculate an adjustment if necessary to cut as if it were level. You will have it's primary use available though. That is to set the Z zero. Basically all you do is align your x,y up and zero them out. Then go through 2 steps with the touchplate and it will automatically zero your Z for you. Especially helpful if you are using more than one bit on a project. For me, it was the best purchase I have made for the shark.

NLAlston

Post by NLAlston »

milo30 wrote:The touchplate is nice. You would have to buy the new download to use the virtual z, where basically you use the touchplate to take height measurements of your board and it will calculate an adjustment if necessary to cut as if it were level. You will have it's primary use available though. That is to set the Z zero. Basically all you do is align your x,y up and zero them out. Then go through 2 steps with the touchplate and it will automatically zero your Z for you. Especially helpful if you are using more than one bit on a project. For me, it was the best purchase I have made for the shark.
Thanks, Milo.

However, I am a bit confused regarding something you wrote? If I understand, correctly, in order to gain the full functionality of the Touchplate, one would have to thin their pockets to purchase a software download?

Joseph Poirier

Post by Joseph Poirier »

It's a good time to consider a 2.0 Control Panel upgrade. v2.05 is available.
Happy Holidays.

dmyers

Post by dmyers »

As a former CarveWright owner,I would not recommend that option. I spent half the time working on it. The only problem I have had with my HD shark the router clamp cracked and Next Wave replaced it free of charge even tho my machine was 2 weeks out of warranty.
Just my 2 cents worth.

David