Question about making a deeper cut

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

misterx

Question about making a deeper cut

Post by misterx »

Hi Everyone, I am trying to make lines a little deeper in a design. I am using a 60 degree bit with the V-carve toolpath and have the depth set at .25 already. I used the toolpath in pine then in cherry ( burned a little with the cherry in the deep spots). It will make good depth at the deep spots but when it gets to the end of the lines it barely even cuts the wood. Is there a way I can make the lines a little deeper? I want to use spray ink in the design to make it stand out, but by the time I sand off the ink it will sand out the lines. Thanks Tim
Attachments
design example.crv
(395.5 KiB) Downloaded 423 times

tonydude

Re: Question about making a deeper cut

Post by tonydude »

The way v bits work is they cut the width between the lines.If the lines are narrower than the v bit it will not cut deeper.If it's wider it will cut deeper. You could use a 11 deg v bit.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Consultingwoodworker

Post by Consultingwoodworker »

If you just want a little more depth, you can reset the Z by 0.005" or 0.010" deeper and re-run the program. But everything will be deeper and hence wider, by the amount you reset.

Ralph

Bob

Post by Bob »

I set the start depth a little lower to go deeper in VCarve toolpaths. (Same method Ralph described, but a different route to get there.) This method has the same side effects as the one described by Ralph.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

misterx

Post by misterx »

Thanks Bob, ( Group leader for the Milwaukee Shark Group Meetings) you did it again and saved my day! He told me to make the start depth a little deeper
Attachments
VCarve start toolpath.jpg.docx
(31.72 KiB) Downloaded 408 times

misterx

Post by misterx »

Thanks everyone for the help! I think its better to get away from the job and ask for help, than to stress out on something you don't know how too do.

Bob

Post by Bob »

Tim,
You're welcome. It's always great to hear what worked.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)