problem with Z axis not stopping

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

fatboy66

problem with Z axis not stopping

Post by fatboy66 »

Hi,
I am trying to run the test file (25mm Test.tap) on my Shark Pro Plus as instructed in the Users Manual v211 (from page 80 on). I have jog the gantry to the correct position, 2’’ from the left side in X, 2” from the front in Y, and 2” above the table in Z. Then I clicked the XYZ0 to set the current gantry position as instructed. I then load the G Code file and click the Run File button. It then asks if I want to setup this file using virtual zero, I select No. Then press OK. The only thing that happens is the Z axis starts going down (-Z) until I have to hit E-Stop before it bottoms out. If I had a bit in the router it would have hit the table top. I tried this several time, even raise the Z axis up higher and got the same result. I also tried a example tap file from Vectric’s Getting Started videos, same thing happened. I have jogged the gantry in all directions and everything works fine, all the plugs are plugged in correctly. Could someone please suggest a solution to this problem. I am using version CP v2.1 of the control software.

Thanks.

rsetina

Re: problem with Z axis not stopping

Post by rsetina »

When I ran a test on my shark the first time I couldn't understand why the X and Y axis' wanted to run off the table. I found out that the file was created for a 48" by 96" CNC. As you know, the shark is only 24x24. Once I figured out the starting point was way off the side of my table, by zooming out and seeing it in the V-Carve software. You may have an issue something like that. From your post I don't see why it would be so, but is look at a software .tap file issue. Just a thought.
Rick

jimbob45

Post by jimbob45 »

Maybe you have selected inches instead of mm.

fatboy66

Post by fatboy66 »

Hi rsetina and jimbob45,

Thanks for the information. After spending a good part of the day checking your suggestions and everything I could think of, I set up my wifi so I could get the internet in my garage. I found that there was a update for the cnc control software. I uninstalled the older version and installed the new one. They have add some buttons to the jog area. I tried the tests again and everything worked fine. I do not know what was wrong with the older software but the update fixed it. Thanks for your help.

rsetina

Post by rsetina »

I think a few people have had some issues with some of the upgrades with the controller software. I think version i gave a few people some trouble. I'm glad you figured out how to fix your problem. I know how frustrating it can be.
Rick