Scan Probe Wire Extention

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

bmarlow

Scan Probe Wire Extention

Post by bmarlow »

Hi folks!
I just got my shark pro plus a week or so ago and have been trying to get it set up. I was wondering if I can use an extension plug and jack to relocate where I plug my scan probe in? I am thinking of mounting the controller box beneath the table and would like to move the probe's plugin location to a higher spot. Have any of you done this?
...Boyd

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Scan Probe Wire Extention

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Boyd - I haven't done this myself, and haven't read about it being done. You might want to send an email note to towens@nextwaveautomation.com and ask directly. I suspect there is a good chance for signal loss with any additional length, and that might put this at risk. Of course, you could always determine how long an extension you might need, and try it - before you complete and build your final plan.

If you do that - try it - make sure your cabling is setup in a manner similar to what you anticipate for your final solution. For example, if you plan on the cable running by itself and away from all others, then set it up that way in your test condition. Likewise, if you're thinking of running the probe cable alongside the x,y,z cables, do that in your test.

If you ask Tim - let us know what you find out.

bmarlow

Post by bmarlow »

Hiyah! -- Thanks for the reply. I'll drop him a note. I'll post whatever I find out. Oh, while I'm here, thank all of you for all the posts in here. They have been very helpful as I try to figure out what I am doing. :)
-Boyd

bmarlow

Post by bmarlow »

I emailed Tim Owens. He said ....

"Yes you can use an extension Make sure you have a good connection to it and it will not come undone."

Thanks!
Boyd